Friday 26 March 2010

Our gift

Your presence around me for long
has been like a gift,
a precious and valuable gift
that I will trade for no man
not even for Solomon and all his
irresistible charming countenance
and will replace with nothing
not even for the rich lilies in bloom
at moonlit night.

A glory I share not with any, less you.
Out of this gift comes the most loveliest fragrance
like one coming from the
hanging gardens of Babylon,
looking as formidable, high as the pyramids at Giza
and like the light house at Alexandria,
has never failed to bring home to shore
my boat of care even under the most turbulent waves.

A gift I cannot quantify and would want
to wear around me everyday,
its colourful shades like a girdle at noonday.
A gift full of understanding which has fulfilled today
our promise of yesterday
and would last through out
all times if we keep on keeping on:
that we’ll always be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment