Thursday 20 April 2017

Samuel Barnor


Samuel Barnor

Short and few
My memory recalled
Shocked the news
My ears recount
While I bow my head
Not in shame but respect
To a heart of gold
A tongue of angels
A life loved by men
Even in your death

How has the crown fallen off our heads
And our sceptre now laid low?
Behold thy glory:
Seven Great Princes Academy’s 1998 year group
Dissipates within our high places
The dew of doom
Fell on our lawn
That dawn
And our guard in disarray
Our group will continue to weep for her own:
Our classmate, year mate, friend, dear one and husband
Because he is not

May The Earth lie lightly on him
In the bosom of Abraham’s God
In His perpetual remembrance
In perfect peace, rest



By Leander David
In memory of my JSS School Prefect,
demise on Good Friday, 14th April, 2017.

Date written 18.4.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment