Friday 26 March 2010

My kind

My ears could not bear the noise ahead,
Stranger! as he turned.
He was running,
Run for your life!
As he passed me by.

A few steps forward another one of his kind,
at his heel to escape,
But one leg broken;
how far can this lizard go?
It looked at me quickly,
as if to say, not of his kind!

Avery rough, black stretched hard mat,
another with yellow wings laid,
so beautifully laid by death;
who told you he pities the beautiful.

The dusty winds blew,
among them the dry and green leaves;
in any direction they went
only at the mercy of the wind.

That afternoon on that lonely road,
alone I passed accompanied by their songs:
birds of different colours and sizes,
all flew backward as if to warn me.
The echoes of their song made me afraid
as I neared them, my heart beat faster,
almost came out but my ribs my support,
I controlled myself.

Man my kind, cut their brother with a saw,
destroyed his children with a harrow:
Not anymore the united members of the family;
Not anymore but huge buildings and streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment