Wednesday 17 October 2012

My old age your old age



I will wake up with the itches
And will not complain
Very difficult the task to undertake
But will have to embrace it
Till the end because I’ll be there
Someday and soon

Bright eyes that will fade in colour
Seeing or not seeing with aid
And on bridges will beg for alms
For strong adherents to support
Will I be here
Someday and soon?

Aching limbs that soak up the bed
With tears holding on to a stick to walk
Waist that bends not without a support
A groan or even a proclamation to the maker
Who alone will come for them
Someday and soon

Will this be, my old age
Like your old age
And if it be can I resolve
Many have stayed to endure
Many more will have cursed its passing
With their love ones that day, if soon.

When the head is decorated with gray
And footsteps become feeble and frail
Imprisoned appetite
And attitudes
Will reap an everlasting peace or worry
Some day soon


No comments:

Post a Comment