Saturday 27 October 2012

HAS SHE NOT KEPT QUIET FOR SO LONG?



Has she not kept quiet for so long?
Have I not said it all, the same?
My deep breaths, my tearful eyes
They still speak for themselves even now

Have you not seen it all, my hand?
Have you not measured it all, its length?
How my sweat never got dried up
For a future very gloomy even now.

Bear me witness, that clear truth
Coming out of that weary soul
Which will not be heed to
I know she knows I know:

Countless fruits from the stalk
Countless gifts on her table
Countless words of promises
Have still not paved the way

If she knows I know she knows
That what I know, she wants not to know
But from them whom she loves most
Her, they have loved little if not

At the moment when eyes see it all
Differently: beautiful and peaceful;
Can it all end, suddenly, so soon?
If wondering thoughts can breed it all

Moments shared would forever turn dreams
That ever happened but for a while;
Moments gone will they wish
Should they end with one who touched the heart.

Heh! Will she ever speak?
Hmn! Will it ever be for me?
She loves me but what is love’s crown
Which ends not at the altar?

What is love’s depth and foundation
Without a chance to trust and understand?
What are kisses which bears no fruits in the womb?
What are words flowing from the lips of a coward?
What are promises made not of the truth?

Many have been my night of loneliness
When solitude at an arm’s length
Stood ready to enter if called
On bent knees for a plea
In cool calm voice to appeal
Silent voices blurring on the ear drum
Only to warn, to chastise
To console not confuse

My heart still grows fonder forever
Its beat, still faster at her presence.
Has she not kept quiet for so long?
Have I not said it all, the same?
My deep breaths, my tearful eyes
They still speak for themselves even now.


No comments:

Post a Comment