Thursday 10 December 2009

I am proud you are my Daddy

In the arms of two
One was left to
Be fed by their fingers to
Be watched by their eyes to
Realize after growing up
That there are others like them
Who hate me and them
Because of how they brought me up

I am proud of you Dad
For your name was among
The few meaningful words that
I learnt to call and remember
When this unknown world I first entered

I am proud of your earthly
Protection from hunger, the valgaries
Of the weather, diseases and foes
After entering this shameful
And unknown world of wickedness

I am proud of your home
Which unknowingly thought me
To be disciplined have charity and
Respect towards my fellow beings
Showing reverence to the heavenly father

I am proud of you Dad
For your deep tender love which
Has been a measure for those
Who come my way as suitors
In this world full of hurt and drudgery

I am proud of all the advice
And curfew, the firmness and
Harshness with which you met
My youthful actions helping to build
My internal treasure of pride

I am proud to have you as my Dad
For your ever opened arms
When all other love will fail
A love of purity without condition
In the world of change and decay

1 comment:

  1. this was a wonderful piece written for a friend as a special gift for a DAD.I think a nut should not spoil or tarnish the countless number of DADDIES who are very supportive, caring,going to all lenghts to make their wards an eye to be watched even with or without their will which sometimes earns them lots of names,you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete