Thursday 25 November 2010

My wretched soul

Moments spent with you like
The brightness just before the cloud cover
The sun, very gentle , pleasing and short
Far before the showers be opened
Onto the poor earth just to flood it

One searched that light
That brightened his dark being
Because of where one came from
Because one once lived there:
With the light and in it was
Covered one like a strong metal shield

Those rays that one searched
To replace that beam, that
Brightness just before the rain
Was once far away until
Eyes met the telescope, that
Which brought it nearer

One expects that it will
Live with us and not
Like those others: the short lived
Lightening splashes that
Ushers in the trumpet sound
Of the clasp of thunder

If it were a gift
I would replace with another precious one
If it were a poem
I could write lines unending
If it were a song
It would be sang by an orchestra
And forever will live in the minds and hearts

Oh wretched soul that I have
Become for not being able to keep
The light after piercing through me
But allowed it to move out
Into the deep dark making
Me lonely, cold and without purpose
The bats, only to see and hear them

Close your eyes and make a step
And you’ll know how it feels
To depend on people, to be led by
Strangers and those who mock
You at the end; they near you
Because of what they get from you
Oh wretched soul that I am.

From the distance a thick rain cloud
Approaches and sends shivering
Through me from the head to the scalp
Now that the winds blow steadily
I could not tell how soon they’ll arrive
To cover the beam that I have found
O wretched soul that I’ll become

No comments:

Post a Comment