Friday 1 April 2016

Only A Hunter Walks Alone

It is only a hunter who walks alone
When the sun is asleep
When the eye of the leaves sees not
The light from the moon
And only the caressing sound of his smock
On their dangling leaves is heard

I see guns pointed at the poor open sky
I see the back of them on their head top
Faces are marked in white
Around they move
Red eyes look in confusion

Hunu eje shi dun soo
Shi dun soo   ( refrain)

How can a bird in flight have a gun hidden in its wings
And will rather shoot through its mouth

Where is the child with the sword who wants to kill the lion
Sit by my feet and I will spit in your mouth
When the elders invite you into their midst
you will know how to well wash your hands to their feast

Day will not break forth
Without seeing the name of the hunter on mleloo
The downpour that led to this
The hostage of the hunter
Who entered the forest that dawn to pluck baa

Hunu eje shi dun soo
Shi dun soo   ( refrain)

We know not for the one who knows not
We will keep if not him kill
Let them know even to the ends of the earth
We know not for the one who knows not

We are the woods
We made them
We are what is within them
We know them

May the drink of the elders
Not alone sink into the earth
But their roots let it pick and keep
We remember their deeds this day
Ada Mantse welenpe
For the fall of their kind
For their folk songs when they went gay

Koo Koolokoto ...

Koo Koklobigbanten...

Who woke me up from my deep dream of peace?
Where is that cock that has desecrated my afternoon?
Bring me Osaagyefo
Bring me Bussia
Bring me Hila
Bring me the learned Prof.

You woke me up
I summoned them
Voices only echoed into the blowing air

You break a pot of akpeteshie on the bare earth
Who said run away from my fire
When my match lighted up
Hahahahahah

The feet of the hen has never killed its chicks
I will speak once more before I accept my pacification
Before i sleep again
Hoping no one will again me wake

Hunu eje
Hunu eje shi dun soo
Shi dun soo   ( refrain)

I will tell of the tale told of yesteryears
The tale they told i will tell
I will tell my way
My way not their way
But their tale
The tale of old
Of far away
Where the earth meets the heavens

A truck without brakes on a slope steep
None can stop this lip of mine
None stops it on its track in full speed
So I will speak

I will speak my mind: their mind;
Through your minds, your hearts it will enter  
 There it will grow
This vegetation pure and spotless and green
Will need no pruning, weeding, watering
But will grow
Will grow
... grow

Hunu eje  hunu eje
shi dun so shi dun soo   ( refrain)
Sikridi
I will not die
I will walk to the grave yard
I will dig my own grave
My spade in my hand i will cover my self

hahaHa Sikridi: migboo ni maya mi gbonyo bu mli

I am more than a hunter
I go nowhere
Without the ancient spirit of the land
Around me they hover
Things to come me they tell
I dream before it comes
In a night vision i saw descending

Night, how memorable you are
Just after I close my eyes
No time to count the akpale tsee before the tap

Night, how memorable you are
nuu ko hi nyontsere mli

All was bright and fair
The old man with the single eye
Stands awake on top a tree high
The weary body aches
The itching feet in haste
Beginning by a step
To get there:
Becoming like our father I AM
His masterpiece I am.

Eyes woke up after a tap
Dreams seemed short
No more a vision
Real, a figure
From an unknown world came

Who will believe my story?

Come! he said
Come to wonderland

This figure I saw
In fear I obeyed
With curiosity I heard
His guidance I obeyed
And soon and soon we were away

Distance was not miles to travel
But in the mind  
Realms, constellation and times
By a will, all through, we went
Dazzling stars falling down
Like lightning flashes we saw
Neither storms nor tempest
Neither enemies nor foes
Only calm smooth ride
Reared its ugly heads
 As we rode on and on

A big room I saw
Of inventions to come and gone
Oh eyes one day will we hold
Oh blindness on earth will abound

Who will believe this story?
Who will share this pain?
I saw it but will not be there
I said it because I saw it

In awe I behold this new land I see
Sparkling clean no dirt I see
Earth unlike mine, not made of steel
Gold on the floor that stood the feet
Nothing that ought to be mined
Like my mine on earth, oh men
Streets of gold not tar so black
Only wishes I had and could be
Not horses to see more so ride

Who will believe this story?
Who will share this delight?
I saw it but for long will not be there
I said it because I saw it

Peace like a river
They lived more powerful than us
Yet not as vicious as we are
Not big not so tall
Men I saw, men not black
Men alive and kicking, men not red
Men so strong men not white
But men were blue like the sky
Men with iron on their necks
With big eyes like on the statues at Easter Islands   

I saw this but for long will not be there
I have said it because I saw it
I end this, this is my story
 

Kokrokoo Kokrokoo
Men in a chase
A cock in a flight
For desecrating the afternoon
The sleep of the elders
The peace of the land
His throat is slashed
For food to appease
The elders when awake
Their peace to restore

Kokrokoo Kokrokoo
Three parts the night divide
The silence to be broken
The ancient ones to begin
The journey to their homeward way
The men of the tribe
Their huts and shelters awake
Their praise to their maker
Through his sun
For clearing the fearful dark

Hunu eje shi dun soo
Shi dun soo   ( refrain)



The feet of the hen has never killed its cheeks
I will speak no more neither my wraths keep
Hoping none will again me wake

Sikridi hahaha
I will not die
I will walk to the grave yard
I will dig my own grave
My spade in my hand i will cover my self
Sikridi hahaha: migboo ni mahie keya mi gbonyo bu mli

Hunu eje shi dun soo
Shi dun soo   ( refrain)
Hunu enyo agbene
Eshwe wo mini

Eshwe wo shitee

No comments:

Post a Comment