Wednesday 17 July 2013

I will bury her tomorrow



I will bury my mother tomorrow
We’ll hold hands together
By the river bank
We’ll watch the sun rise tomorrow
And she will see it set no more.
That sun will set on our dreams
Our memories together
And leave our painting incomplete.

Unlike other days,
Alone I will return home.
She will cross the river on his wings:
The enemy of life,
 The elders to see, those I saw, heard or not.
So my heart is glad
The eternal city she will reach,
Though my answers still incomplete.

I will bury her tomorrow
Emptiness I feel that cannot be filled
But pain and hurt as I rewrite her encryption 
On the brass plate of my heart
And in the hearts of many a similar way
A similar journey before I take
Where the sun never sets
Before my sun sets no more

21. 06. 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment