Thursday 30 August 2012

A CARELESS GUNSHOT


A lot of guns were shot on high
A dark festive night it was
my eyes barely saw every face
my ears how many sounded
but your cry despite its low pitch
was captured among the noisy crowd

provoking thoughts
warring against a predator unseen
an unknown enemy
a hurt , will there be remedy?
Called heavens for answers
When the air even stood still
The natural light over the hills
Has gone dim
As if to blind me
And my heart shook and trembled
Pierced by an arrow it bled profusely
Wanting to fuse, my breath

Stopped me from replying, my sorrows
Disarmed me of all my armaments
I the conqueror now the conquered

She lies dead full of undoubted beauty
Like ornaments , means nothing to keep
Great looks , soft touch ,
Irreplaceable warmth all gone

Who will be my companion?
Who will wipe my tears
Who will mention my name
In fragrance like she does.
Did I cause this?
I never expected this
Oh heavens save me
From this mental torture
Receive my hands in the sky
A prisoner of my actions


No comments:

Post a Comment